In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A comet is discovered and as it comes closer to earth, it becomes apparent it may strike our planet.
- Dozens of comets are discovered each year as well, many by automated telescopes and spacecraft.
- Several bright comets streaked across the sky and then disappeared in an instant.
- Rather, they are produced by bits of dusty debris shed by orbiting comets and asteroids.
- She discovered eight comets, a record by a female astronomer until 1987.
- As orbiting comets pass near the sun, intense heat strips them of a layer of dust and ice.
- In particular he showed that comets have a solid nucleus, and that they generate their own light.
- The spacecraft's point of view now captures the shadowed side of the comet's nucleus.
- The spacecraft will orbit the comet's nucleus.
- There are vast numbers of comets in the solar system, more than there are asteroids, but most lie out of sight beyond Pluto.
- Sometimes, the stresses are strong enough to break off chunks of the comet's nucleus.
- Bombardment by asteroids and comets is an extraterrestrial process that may release huge quantities of water.
- We have just discussed some of the positive benefits of planetary impact by comets and asteroids.
- Some explanations for extinctions and evolution include strikes by asteroids or comets.
- The Hawaii researchers observed the comet on July 17 and July 18 and discovered many more fragments.
- He saw a comet passing far, far away in the distance from where he made his steps.
- A bright comet had appeared on 14 November 1680.
- He observed the comets of 1665, and made other astronomical observations, publishing his descriptions of these events.
- Warming from the sun causes frozen organic compounds on a comet's surface to sublime, or vaporize.
- A bright comet is a spectacular astronomical event.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.