In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comedia del arte feminine
- A character who looks like he might have stepped out of the commedia dell'arte, wearing a jacket with multihued tufts, wields a primitive hand puppet.
- His figures have a theatrical air, especially the ones with the look of Pierrot and Colombine and other characters from the commedia dell'arte.
- The heroes of this strange and gripping twenty-first-century love story resemble personages from the Italian commedia dell'arte.
- Another target of the Petite Commande are the popular entertainments of the day, the theater of the commedia dell'arte and the musicians, dancers, and comedians who played in carnivals and fairs.
- Goldoni was an innovative playwright who was attempting to transform the old Italian commedia dell'arte form into a more modern comedy of manners.
- Using masks and dialects, they performed improvisational comic theatre, now known as commedia dell'arte.
- The strength of commedia dell'arte is that it opens actors to creative additions and dislocations, continually encouraging actors to improvise, all of which means the audience is turned on in a remarkable way.
- The story involves three characters from commedia dell'arte - Pierrot, Columbine, and Brighella - and uses them to illustrate the vulnerability of innocence.
- Winner of the Nobel Prize for literature, he follows the tradition of improvisational comedy, which was heavily influenced by the characterization, themes and storylines of Italy's commedia dell'arte.
- The ballet's commonalities with commedia dell'arte made it familiar territory for the Italian interpreters.
- Pierrot, with his white face, black skull-cap and ruff, has always been a central figure of the commedia dell'arte.
- These were worn by players in the Italian theater known as commedia dell'arte, which was popular in the 16th century.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.