1(remark)comentario masculineobservación feminineto make a comment about sth — hacer un comentario / una observación sobre algo
- he made some nasty comments about her — habló muy mal de ella
- comment on sth/sb
- the film is a comment on modern society — la película es una reflexión sobre la sociedad actual
- it is a comment on their working methods that … — dice mucho de sus métodos de trabajo que …
- McCarty looked at the butler and, without comment, handed him a covered dish.
- Nicholas started to count, ignoring her snide comment and commencing on his plan.
- I really enjoyed reading the comments on my post from yesterday, and the many responses those comments engendered.
- Members will remember that Johnson made a similar comment along those lines.
- Government officials were not available for comment, but are expected to welcome the nomination.
- I welcome any constructive comments on this opinion.
- The government declined public comment.
- I ignored her snide comment and instead gazed around the house with distaste.
- Frank's come back with further comments on my earlier remarks.
- Any comments on this opinion will be gratefully received.
- However, your knee-jerk reaction to my comments on your blog leaves little to be desired.
- I should just add a brief comment in relation to one of the claims brought by the company.
- Give us your reactions to stories, comments on conservation issues and other feedback and opinion.
- See also the reader comments at the end of this issue.
- We invited Erich Goode to submit a brief comment in response to Glenn Sparks's article.
- Thanks to a number of others who have offered advice and comments on this project.
- I appreciate the insightful comments of two anonymous reviewers.
- I am looking forward to reading comments on this opinion, but I will not respond to mindless comments that are little more than abuse.
- Even the teachers have been heard making racist comments.
- Graduate students are asked to email the instructor questions or comments on readings before the class meets each week.
2(reaction)comentarios masculineto pass comment on sth — hacer comentarios sobre algo
- the minister is unavailable for comment — el ministro no desea hacer ningún comentario
- I have no further comment to make — no tengo nada que agregar
- the divorce caused much comment — el divorcio suscitó muchos comentarios / fue muy comentado
- I note that the Minister took an extensive call and raised a number of issues that do need discussion and comment.
- Once it became publicized, the bureau's gaffe generated much clucking and snide comment on the nature of incompetence.
- The ALRC is seeking public comment on the issues raised in the discussion paper.
- When I was reading the news for BBC television, my brows prompted much comment and criticism.
- It shows the cops do heed public comment and act on issues.
- However, the purpose of these scribblings is primarily to pass comment on current events, not to further depress its readers.
- Now a new orthodoxy is shaping comment and analysis about events in the country.
- The office staff provided comment on the issue of academic freedom and grading in connection with that dispute.
- We invite comment on the event from any parties who might be able to provide an explanation for such a large magnetic anomaly.
- Still, you do get a fair amount of critical comment in the newspapers and the print media.
- Our readers expect critical comment - repeated at intervals if the issues are ongoing.
- One of the most popular uses of blogs has been daily comment on the political issues of the day.
- Industry concern over the need to identify new sources of revenue marks another area of comment and discussion.
- Still, angry voices have been raised, and that anger has become an issue deserving some comment.
- Although the majority verdict reform will inevitably attract comment and discussion, it is not radical.
- This essay is apparently a revised version of one which appeared earlier, and which aroused a certain amount of comment and ire.
- Although all turns out fine in the end, the ending is not typical and it even finds time for self-reflective comment on the fickle nature of the movie industry.
- Before we address the potential significance of our findings, some technical issues deserve comment.
- Widespread corruption, which was the subject of much comment, seems to have ensured that it was the best, and not the worst, trees that were felled.
- Laing noted that a number of challenges had been identified and highlighted several issues for discussion and public comment.
1hacer comentariosto comment on sth — hacer comentarios sobre algo