In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Sport Radio
(on event)comentarioscrónica femininebefore noun commentary box — cabina de comentaristas feminine
- A small onstage screen will give a running commentary in English.
- There's also the chance to access a selection of live audio commentaries of football and rugby matches, from BBC radio teams in England and Scotland.
- He was probably the first man to broadcast ball-by-ball commentary on English radio, in 1927.
- John Motson has been a television football commentator for the BBC since 1971, and has recently started doing radio match commentaries for BBC Radio Five Live.
- Sometimes my Dad would get annoyed with the cricket commentary on TV, turn down the sound and listen to the commentary on the radio.
- The voice-over commentary covers his thoughts, a technique that can be dangerously indulgent.
- For many years Radio Cambridgeshire has been the only radio station to provide live commentary of every home and away game.
- It's a fast-paced mix of news, analysis, live commentaries and special reports.
- Last season the station covered an amazing 1,336 games with live commentaries at 405 games, more than any other broadcaster ever.
- He will also present other sports programmes for BBC London, fitting them into his schedule of commentaries for BBC Radio Five Live.
- The commentary team went crazy for the second and third Mexico goals.
- Live Cup commentaries from every round of the Cup on Radio Scotland and a significant number of ties streamed live on the Internet.
- Kuttner also does occasional commentaries for National Public Radio.
- Often, after the programme, he would fly to the continent to do the live commentary on a Sunday afternoon international.
- During your flight your captain will give you a full commentary, describing the scene below.
- In those days, when we had no tickets for the game and no TV, we'd stand by the stadium and listen to the radio commentary.
- And that is why his television commentary this summer at both Wimbledon and the US Open was given favourable reviews.
- Green has been providing his unique commentaries for Radio Five since it started in 1994 and will continue to do so.
- Thursday was the first day in-house ear pieces were on sale, allowing fans to hear the television commentary.
- Gone are the days when we waited for the morning newspaper to fill in crucial gaps in the radio commentary of a cricket match.
- Here, in a 1535 commentary on Galatians 3: 13, Luther explains what took place on the Cross.
- His stunning new commentary on Galatians is already making the same impact on Pauline studies.
- We begin with a text commentary from director Ruzowitsky and lead actor Barnaby Metschurat.
- Along the way Gray offers idiosyncratic commentaries on Chaucer, Pepys, Gibbon, Milton and Burns.
- The commentary explains how all can live in Krishna consciousness even while performing the daily duties.
- However she assisted her father Theon of Alexandria in writing his eleven part commentary on Ptolemy's Almagest.
- The commentary in the book describing the Ashmolean Museum Collection states that: Figure 4 above shows a bronze buckle from the Caucasus Mountains, from the Old Hellenic Period, found in Georgia.
- Today this commentary appears on the " inner " margin of virtually every Talmudic page.
- A good commentary on the text will raise these buried questions to consciousness.
- The Javanese system comprises thousands of Islamic boarding schools that have been set up to teach the core texts of Islam, along with critiques and commentaries on those texts.
- The abbreviated text could be in Latin or Anglo-Norman French and was usually accompanied by a commentary.
- An editorial commentary by Levine and colleagues accompanies this article.
- The broad crucial overviews in Section I are followed in Section II by commentaries on individual texts or authors.
- Each is accompanied by the author's informative commentary which ranges from Roman roads to last century's shopkeepers.
- A competent catalogue with the usual high-quality illustrations and commentary accompanies the exhibition.
- National made very specific comments in its minority report in the commentary on the bill.
- Moreover, the author's commentary on events is sensible, and the work is well illustrated and attractive.
- Hoekstra, who was not involved in the new study, wrote an accompanying commentary in Nature.
- If only Brian Herbert would follow the example of Christopher Tolkien and publish the notes along with other commentaries.
- The commentary to both texts notes that significant harm need not be substantial but must be ‘more than trivial’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.