In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacer los comentarioshacer la crónicato commentate on sth — hacer los comentarios / la crónica de algo
- Whoever is commentating on the races at Newcastle tomorrow had better start rehearsing a tongue-twister of a name tonight.
- He has also had a life-long interest in greyhound racing and regularly commentated on the sport on both radio and television.
- He has also commentated on a wide range of special outside broadcast events for BBC television including the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales and has anchored the BBC's General Election coverage since 1979.
- Although he does a great job commentating on a fast and unpredictable sport its the blunders and one liners he will be remembered for.
- He is keen to branch into areas like sports commentating, a field where former tennis players don't always perform best, he believes.
- The veteran Seven network broadcaster is commentating on the swimming and athletics in Athens, even when they overlap.
- The mistake is to believe that recently retired sportsmen or women, fast-tracked into the studio, are alone best placed to commentate on and analyse their sport of expertise.
- He has worked with the BBC for 40 years presenting and commentating on a wide range of sports and programmes.
- He now commentates on Celtic League rugby matches
- At the moment one of the Caribbean's best known sports broadcasters is in Australia, commentating on the West Indian cricket series.
- In about twenty minutes I'll be commentating on tonight's ceremony.
- He has been commentating on the sport since 1949.
- Veteran royal commentator Tom Fleming will commentate on the event, telling the story of The Queen Mother's life for a family viewing audience.
- Barry will continue to work for BBC Sport on a freelance basis, commentating on a range of sports.
- Tennis has been his main sport since then but he has also commentated and reported on football, rugby union, rowing, skiing, skating, badminton, snooker, squash, ice hockey and American football.
- It was a miraculous catch, and the crowd roared its approval, whilst Moyes who was commentating at the time, could not, I believe, stop talking about it.
- He is flying back from Lebanon specially to commentate on events for radio.
- The BBC's betting expert began his broadcasting career in 1986 commentating for Ladbrokes.
- It was an international game I was commentating on, I think it was the Czech Republic against Portugal, and it's followed me through my career since then.
- He gained banner headlines for the sport and is still invited to commentate on skiing for Austrian and German TV.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.