In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nombre común masculine
- All other nouns begin with small letters and are common nouns.
- It is a common mistake to capitalise a common noun that is an important word in a sentence.
- Tell students that common nouns are not capitalized and proper nouns are capitalized.
- Making a common noun plural usually means adding an s or changing the ending of the original word.
- One project in the Centre focused on how children distinguish between proper names and common nouns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.