In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A doctor with whom you have a good, communicative and friendly relationship is a rare beast.
- With a good score behind him and a couple of good catches, he was soon the most communicative person on the field.
- His social skills improved so that he became more communicative, conversational and animated.
- I think your plan to stay open and communicative is vital.
- My vet is not very communicative or easy to get a call back once the initial treatment is set.
- I also became noticeably more accessible and communicative.
- Never very communicative or outgoing, he continued to work but not to speak.
- If that doesn't work then try to be communicative with other people in your class.
- It sends a message, it is communicative, and it seeks to impact the situation on the ground in a way which leverages a weak tactical situation.
- As a result, Suzanne's songs use a language that is simple, communicative and often surprising, particularly for the unexpected stories she chooses to tell.
- All six of Cooper's dancers have a strong classical ballet technique from which to push off into the modern, innovative and communicative dance they aspire to perform.
- He's a straight-talking and personable man and the expectation is that people and priests will find him approachable and communicative.
- They even adopted the boy, whom they recall as a lively, communicative, and welcomed member of the family.
- While you're in a communicative mood, please let us know what you think of our articles, and what subjects you'd like us to cover.
- Being communicative and self-motivated, she found that soon she was able to do the job without difficulty.
- Generally, girls start off in school being more articulate and communicative than their male primary friends.
- The immediacy of his communicative performance made up more than enough for the occasional flat notes of which there were precious few in any case.
- You can see people being more affectionate with their children and personally more communicative.
- Marcus was confused when he arrived in the hospital, poorly communicative (not his usual self).
- At the moment, Smart is being open and communicative, signs that she has coped well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.