In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)establecimiento educativo de nivel terciario
- More women were entering Oregon State University while men were more likely to attend a community college and then transfer.
- At the community college, all that was needed was for her to take their placement test.
- An accounting professor at a Minnesota community college has her students study the federal budget.
- When I started at the community college, it was for art classes only.
- Chloe would be attending university in the fall, and Liam would be going to El Camino, a community college in the area.
- While taking classes at the community college Norma felt she received ‘great’ support.
- At a nearby community college, a similar system has made interim reporting of grades a requirement.
- Patricia is an English instructor at a small community college.
- Besides her job as a ward secretary at the hospital, she was studying for her nursing degree at a local community college.
- She began at the local community college, where, after nine years she earned an associate's degree.
- Another college studied was a large urban community college, with five campuses in two Florida counties.
- He's now a student at a community college in Sacramento, California, where he's studying journalism.
- Also, when I first got out of high school, I went to a community college.
- Many students arrive at the community college lacking basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- The implementation of certificate programs in the comprehensive community college was reviewed for this paper.
- I continued taking classes at the community college in the county where we lived.
- Staff members in the programs described have been educated in disability issues and how they might be addressed in a community college.
- Clearly, the table indicates that open admissions continues to be a central function of the community college.
- I finished at a community college, focusing on computer programming, and am now working for a reasonable income.
- He's in high school, and he also attends part-time at a community college.
- Un tipo de universidad norteamericana donde se imparten cursos de nivel universitario de dos años de duración. Son cursos prácticos orientados a la población local.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.