In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine hospital local
- I began working in a community hospital with a small pediatrics unit.
- As she lived 16 miles from the district general hospital I was asked if she could have the operation at our local community hospital.
- The surgeon told me I could either go to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore or to the nearby community hospital, and that he recommended the little, local hospital.
- The community hospital was closed to inpatients and casualty was shut down.
- Mr Greenway, who visited the maternity unit in the run-up to Christmas, said he could understand why women chose to give birth at the community hospital.
- However, he was soon on his way to the local community hospital after his hand swelled ‘to the size of a balloon’ and he began to suffer dizziness.
- I telephoned a nearby community hospital that was responsible for the rehabilitation of the elderly orthopaedic patients.
- Built on the former site of the hospital on Bath Street, the centre will house both a community hospital and a home for the elderly.
- If a patient needs nursing care in a community hospital they will be put on a waiting list for a bed in their Primary Care Trust area.
- He died slowly in the intensive care unit at a small community hospital.
- Recently, I started working as an agency nurse at a smaller community hospital.
- I had admitted an elderly woman with severe leg pain to the community hospital.
- We were very apprehensive about the treatment we should have from a small community hospital, especially as my mother was 88 years old.
- When they moved she also did anaesthetics at the community hospital in Stroud.
- To find out more about donating blood, contact your community hospital or your regional blood bank.
- Investment in intermediate care in community hospital rather than acute hospital settings may be more cost effective.
- The old St Michael's Hospital in Rayne Road, Braintree, closed in 2001 so the site could be redeveloped for a new community hospital and housing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.