In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(prestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión) trabajo comunitario masculine
- Thanks to all who have contributed to this voluntary community service.
- He accomplished that goal and used the unity to spawn success in the area of community service.
- He has a fantastic CV, including all kinds of community service and professional accomplishment.
- She also mentioned the church's community service during the war.
- Once again, we congratulate our award winners for their outstanding contributions to community service.
- The program will recognize those clubs that reach out to the public through community service.
- Winners were selected from the fields of sport, arts and entertainment, and community service.
- All employees are required to do community service, says Robertson.
- Fortunately I didn't go to jail, I did receive a sentence of community service hours.
- Roy's tireless work is recognized this year by an award for community service.
- Dozens of people I know are involved in voluntary community service in one way or another, and seek no reward, nor even expenses.
- The orchestra has received the Prince of Wales Trophy for community service for its continued work with youth in the area.
- All school-leavers will be required to have achieved basic maths, English and IT and to have done community service.
- He was remembered for both his medical skills and his community service.
- Many are people nominated for their work in education, health, local sport and the area of community service.
- How mean can you get, when 43 volunteers freely give their own time to this very valuable community service.
- The community service award is for people or organisations who have helped to improve the quality of life for people in this town.
- Her community service includes volunteering as a tutor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.