In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona que viaja diariamente una distancia considerable entre su lugar de residencia y el de trabajobefore noun the commuter belt — barrios periféricos y otros lugares dentro de un área más amplia alrededor de una ciudad, desde los cuales viaja un commuter
- commuter train — tren de cercanías
- Traffic started to build up in the city at around 6am, with thousands of commuters late for work.
- More early morning rain and mist is also on the way for commuters as they travel to work the following morning.
- One Marlborough women commuter who travels to London daily said she had used Swindon station instead.
- What the metro will do is reduce the travel time by at least half for most commuters.
- I have to learn from the thousands of commuters who travel a long way to work every day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.