In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1disco compacto masculinecompact-disc masculinebefore noun compact disc interactive — disco compacto interactivo masculine
- compact disc player — reproductor de compact-disc
- He says the roar was originally on a 78 record, then transferred on to a cassette tape, then a compact disc and is now stored as a digital computer sound.
- The changeover in the industry from vinyl analogue recordings to digital compact discs happened remarkably quickly.
- With prices of compact discs and digital mass-reproduction equipment falling steeply, international music has suddenly become a lot more affordable.
- A long time ago, the computer industry decided to settle on a single set of technology standards for recording and rewriting compact discs.
- The floppy disk has several replacements, including writeable compact discs and keychain flash memory devices.
- It's believed around 1,000 shots were taken by several digital cameras and stored on compact discs.
- Cory, as usual, ran to the music store to buy compact discs.
- The compact disc may still rule for the next five years but it may not outlast the digital war.
- Music companies that produced and distributed both cassettes and compact discs tended to put the blame on royalty payments and operating costs.
- Here, sonic blasts from the past are entombed in a hodgepodge of vinyl records, compact discs and reel-to-reel tapes.
- In the case of an audio compact disk, the sampling is done 44,100 times a second.
- A new compact disk featuring some great traditional entertainers was recently launched.
- Digital technologies like audio compact discs permit perfect-quality copies (as opposed to analog taping).
- Your voice is converted to a digital signal, like the sound from an old record when it is recorded on a compact disk.
- Twenty years ago, compact discs started the digital revolution.
- They listen to digital compact discs or digital satellite radio and talk on digital cell phones.
- Several of the cassettes and compact discs he'd picked out here were country and classical music ones.
- Most journalists used the Internet, compact discs and public records in order to extract information.
- Vendors are seen hawking large consignments of assorted music tapes and compact discs.
- Record companies accuse online file-sharing networks of contributing to falling music sales by letting fans share high quality digital copies made from compact discs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.