In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de modo análogode modo similar
- When you look at the package the traders get, rents in Salisbury are comparably very favourable.
- Where boys and girls score comparably on cognitive skills, boys get worse grades in the touchy-feely stuff.
- I think it is fair to say that only those pilots who are A, known pilots and B, employees of comparably sized airlines are able to use jump seats.
- Unlike those comparably priced crops, ahipa plants must be pruned several times a season.
- That was comparably complex, and that took about the same amount of time.
- And yet, he went on to argue mischievously, are we not the victims of a comparably narcissistic delusion?
- Objectively, the Titan is as good in most respects and better in some than all the other comparably equipped and priced full-size pickups on the market.
- The new discs are likely to be priced comparably with DVDs, and although there is no official timetable yet, the products could be available by the end of the year.
- Both rental car systems are comparably priced at approximately $10 / day.
- I cannot remember having had comparably powerful feelings during the actual crisis.
- Any doctor who ignored a comparably ominous symptom in a patient would be subject to a ruinous lawsuit.
- The ride isn't as supple as that of a comparably priced steel rig, but it's a good, solid platform with brutally efficient power delivery.
- Off-screen, there was a comparably clear declaration of intent.
- The institutional investors get the shares at a comparably low price, the value of which pops upward once the shares hit the open market.
- Although beef and pork are comparably priced, in your case that may affect your choice.
- It would be, therefore, completely unfair if we didn't compare a comparably equipped Windows platform to a comparable Linux platform.
- These blood protein isolates tend to be more expensive than basic protein products, but they are comparably priced to egg albumen proteins.
- All likewise possess a comparably dark sense of humor.
- Whether car buyers choose vehicles that run solely on hydrogen over comparably priced hybrids or gas engines won't be clear for a decade or more.
- It is equally true that many goods and services in our economy have undergone similar, if not quite comparably radical, changes in price.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.