In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rosa de los vientos feminine
- Above the sign was painted an ornate compass rose to indicate the necessary direction.
- It was round, with a glittering gold compass rose painted on the ground.
- Speaking of new functions in version 2.12, what is the interpretation of the ‘second transparent arrow’ in the compass rose?
- The wax revealed a compass rose made up of cross bones.
- At the $8 tier, Sunrise will be spun off as a separate brand and replaced by Xplorador, crafted especially for the U.S. market and featuring a compass rose and map on the label to symbolize adventure.
- I don't use the Garmin maps that often, and especially not in flight (I've got too much else to do), so the arrow and compass rose that the Galileo displayed was really fine by me.
- The compass rose is a symbol for the Special Forces Brigade
- Arrayed around it like points on the compass rose were sections of the house.
- With a simple mental command, he called up a map of the area, and summoned a compass rose.
- The IQ-Compeo will display the values of six user selected variables (from a list of 18 possible variables) in the lower half of the screen surrounding the compass rose.
- The sepia tones of the land areas yield to soft blues and greens that continue over the ceiling, anchored by a compass rose in the ceiling's center.
- It is printed with a compass rose marking the eight standard directions, N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW.
- Sometimes the chart is highly decorated with religious images, illustrations of local rulers, flags, coats-of-arms, compass roses and town vignettes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.