In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cansancio provocado por la frecuencia o número de las cuestaciones para obras benéficas
- I almost never rub shoulders with real poverty; it's something I see on the TV, remote, and filtered by what some call compassion fatigue.
- It's been put to me that Refugee Review Tribunal members are overworked, and on a daily basis, are hearing pretty harrowing stories and they begin to suffer from compassion fatigue.
- I guess that was always going to fade away at some point - compassion fatigue, and all that.
- Whether it is global catastrophe or death on our doorstep, compassion fatigue can overcome us.
- This compassion fatigue could offset the perception that the causes of poverty are largely structural.
- Those who experience symptoms may find it difficult to distinguish compassion fatigue from life stress or depression.
- Particular attention is given to therapists' vulnerability to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious traumatization, both of which are described and discussed.
- However, if a city's reputation for tolerance attracts a large number of beggars, the influx could arouse fears of a diminished quality of life and could increase compassion fatigue.
- But by this point, many a reader, having long since succumbed to compassion fatigue, will suffer from irony fatigue as well.
- So you can get this huge outpouring of kind of interest and sympathy, and as Gerald said, it can all collapse and people have compassion fatigue or something like that.
- However, one of the important issues addressed by this book is that of secondary trauma and compassion fatigue that is particularly relevant to mental health professionals who are overexposed to other people's trauma.
- Their synthesis is thoughtful and worthy of study by anyone with administrative responsibility for helpers vulnerable to secondary PTSD and compassion fatigue.
- People talk about compassion fatigue, but this proves it isn't true.
- I teach a course for health care professionals on burnout, secondary trauma and compassion fatigue.
- It just shows that Children in Need is not something people get compassion fatigue about.
- This is called compassion fatigue and, dare I say it, boredom.
- The lightning speed with which the virus has spread and the number of dead it has left in its wake makes it difficult not to develop compassion fatigue.
- The scale of the public response shows compassion fatigue is a myth.
- A greater number of beggars could attract more attention and is more likely to create compassion fatigue, indirectly leading to greater demand for their regulation.
- Will it induce compassion fatigue, making us numb to the violence?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.