In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reclamante feminineLaw actor masculineLaw actriz feminine
- The jury had every opportunity to assess the credibility of the witnesses, both complainants and appellant.
- The appellant met all three complainants in turn on that beach.
- The judge then questioned the complainant, asking questions upon the topics which he had been asked to.
- Subsequent board decisions relating to the complaint should be notified to the complainant.
- Mr Howell stated he was unsure as to whether the complainant would withdraw his complaint.
- Both the complainant and the defendant were in the witness box over two days.
- All of this activity allegedly took place in the presence of both complainants and the accused.
- The jury had seen the three complainants in the witness box for an extensive period.
- He now accepts that a reasonable person would think that his conduct would cause the complainants to fear that violence would be used.
- No evidence was to be called for the defence impugning the complainant's reliability.
- It avoided the necessity of both complainants testifying at his trial.
- One problem is a justice system that fails young people, both complainants and defendants.
- The taxi driver gave evidence that the complainant was crying and upset throughout the journey.
- In the event, no evidence was given by the complainant or the appellant about these matters.
- The delay was in the complainant not reporting it, not in the prosecution failing to prosecute it.
- The purpose of the Tribunal is not confined to matters between the complainant and the solicitor.
- The Act established procedures for resolving minor complaints informally, if complainants agree to this.
- The role of active citizenship would be amply demonstrated, without having to afford complainants full legal party status.
- The complainant's credibility is central to the issue of the appellant's guilt.
- The appellant knew how he had behaved towards the complainants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.