In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1compositor masculinecompositora feminine
- There are also composers who write concert music that cries out to be used in films.
- There cannot have been many, if any, concerts in York that were entirely devoted to music by women composers.
- Bogard, on the other hand, is a promoter of new music and an advocate of music by women composers.
- Igor Stravinsky was the first composer to have his complete works recorded while he was still alive.
- He was also a gifted music scholar, composer and pianist - a talent now beyond him due to his illness.
- Last week we delved into the world of classical music composers who had been inspired by the beautiful game.
- On this view, a human being might be compared to a composer or songwriter creating a piece of music.
- His great grandfather was a great folk music composer in Norway and wrote a lot of fiddle tunes.
- As always it is a matter of time before the ideas composers write today will be fully dissimulated.
- The pair will play their own compositions alongside a varied programme of music by other composers.
- Vladigerov is one of the first Bulgarian composers whose music is recognised all over the world.
- It points up his similarities to classical composers like Debussy and Chopin.
- For the concert, the composers have written a variety of pieces that are aimed at the talents of the young musicians.
- You can play them as well, as the composer has included the sheet music for all nine tunes in the CD booklet.
- A score like this from a composer as vital to contemporary music as Ligeti has to be recorded.
- He studied the work of classical composers like Debussy and Stravinsky.
- Anyway, imagine for a second that you are the composer of music for television programmes.
- In addition to his dramatic music, he was a notable composer of chamber music for strings.
- He regards him as one of the leading composers of liturgical music in the country.
- However, he laments the fact that some composers have never written for their instrument.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.