In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abono orgánico masculineabono vegetal masculinecompost masculinebefore noun compost heap / (US) pile — lugar donde se amontonan desechos para preparar abono
- I recycle all my fruit and vegetable scraps to make compost for my garden.
- Add a little compost to the soil and fork in lightly, mulch and water.
- Garden compost is not really suitable for this purpose because it contains weed seeds.
- For best performance amend the soil with organic matter such as compost before planting.
- Mix plenty of compost into the soil, or grow the trees in raised beds.
- Even a newbie to composting can make good quality compost.
- I watered the planting area for each one with several litres of water, then added some fresh compost.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
- My job was to add fresh compost to the rows to make them rich for planting.
- Even with Betty's method of making compost, some ingredients tend to smell.
- They spread the compost before plowing in the spring.
- Place in a conservatory or warm greenhouse and keep the compost moist.
- Place in a well-lit spot and keep the compost lightly moist.
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- Adding compost to heavy clay soil improves drainage by improving soil structure.
- Mulch in late winter with any organic material such as home-made compost, leaf mould or composted bark.
- If it's bad, mix 1 cubic foot of compost into the backfill.
- Making leaf mould is different to making general garden compost in that only the leaves are used.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- I dug big planting holes, though, and mixed large amounts of compost into the backfill.
1(make into compost)(grass) convertir en abono
- The only environmentally acceptable way to improve the earth is to compost banana peels and recycle soy milk cartons.
- When crops are growing in the fields, the manure is composted and applied to the land later.
- It is unlikely there will now be much left in our grey bin, given that my household already recycles many other waste items and composts green and kitchen waste.
- As municipalities launch programs to collect and compost household food waste, interest in degradable plastics is on the rise.
- One of the easiest ways for a household to reduce their level of waste is to start composting their rubbish.
- He filled the tanks with a mix of 3 parts composted organic matter and 1 part each soil, sand, and pumice.
- It's best not to compost fruit and leaves unless you know your pile gets hot enough to kill the pests.
- You can compost fruits, vegetables, tea bags and coffee grounds, as well as leaf and yard waste.
- They bent their shoulders and backs to compost hay, manure, and field stubble, and transplanted plants from the woods into their own yards.
- During the composting season, check your bin regularly to assure optimum moisture and aeration are present in the material being composted.
- As another continuing farm project, Mark uses worms to compost cow manure and coffee hulls.
- Finally, the district will soon be getting a grant for vermi-composting, which uses worms to compost organic matter.
- You could use horse manure, but make sure it is composted.
- Most other plant residues can be composted, if you have a well-maintained compost pile which generates enough heat to kill disease pathogens.
- This involved separating their waste into bins for glass, tins and paper, then composting suitable material.
- They share a powerful shredder, and compost all healthy plant material.
- If the industry was serious about conserving supplies it would invest in water saving devices or compost the manure but that might cut profits, so they don't.
- At this time of year it's also important to regularly remove dead flowers and leaves from plants and then compost this material for later return of the nutrients to the beds.
- All through the summer I've been collecting and composting the used coffee grounds from work.
- Any manure, hay or other organic material must be composted fully before usage to make sure it contains no surviving and active seeds to add to your problems.
2(fertilize with compost)(garden) abonar
- When planting tulip or daffodil bulbs in a formal display it pays to make sure that the soil has been well composted and forked over beforehand.
- For those of you who suffer from an inordinate amount of clay in your soil, composting is the answer.
- They like shade and composted soil and plenty of water.
- It climbs by means of tendrils and is best grown in a composted soil supported by a fence or trellis.
- He saw how well the tomatoes flourished in that dark composted soil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.