In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abono orgánico masculineabono vegetal masculinecompost masculinebefore noun compost heap / pile — lugar donde se amontonan desechos para preparar abono
- I watered the planting area for each one with several litres of water, then added some fresh compost.
- Adding compost to heavy clay soil improves drainage by improving soil structure.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- I recycle all my fruit and vegetable scraps to make compost for my garden.
- If it's bad, mix 1 cubic foot of compost into the backfill.
- Mulch in late winter with any organic material such as home-made compost, leaf mould or composted bark.
- I dug big planting holes, though, and mixed large amounts of compost into the backfill.
- They spread the compost before plowing in the spring.
- Even a newbie to composting can make good quality compost.
- Add a little compost to the soil and fork in lightly, mulch and water.
- Place in a conservatory or warm greenhouse and keep the compost moist.
- Making leaf mould is different to making general garden compost in that only the leaves are used.
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
- My job was to add fresh compost to the rows to make them rich for planting.
- Garden compost is not really suitable for this purpose because it contains weed seeds.
- Place in a well-lit spot and keep the compost lightly moist.
- Mix plenty of compost into the soil, or grow the trees in raised beds.
- Even with Betty's method of making compost, some ingredients tend to smell.
- For best performance amend the soil with organic matter such as compost before planting.
1(make into compost)(grass) convertir en abono
2(fertilize with compost)(garden) abonar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.