1(understand)comprenderI don't think you fully comprehend the situation — me parece que no acabas de comprender la situación
- He simply stared at her, not comprehending, and then realized this was what he got for making fun of her.
- There's something else afoot, something I will never understand or comprehend.
- Only when we understand that will we be able to help them comprehend why it disturbs us so much.
- It is very important to ensure that the young person understands the role of the assessing worker, and comprehends the interpreter.
- My friends and neighbours know I'm a cop, but they simply cannot comprehend what we're dealing with.
- Thirdly, he may be conscious and able to comprehend what he is doing but due to his mental condition be unaware that it is wrong.
- Much of the detail is difficult to comprehend for those who have not followed the story.
- All cultures have patterns of perceiving, comprehending, explaining, assessing, and treating the symptoms of sickness.
- It is something that I, as an immigrant to this country, could never entirely comprehend.
- This was the first in three years which is the reason why we cannot comprehend people's objection.
- This latter task is to comprehend and interpret the substantive topic under study.
- Still, so much time is spent on trying to rock the boat, in trying to understand and comprehend.
- She understood and comprehended everything the instant it was exposed to her.
- She wants to understand, she wants to comprehend, but she doesn't want to forgive.
- These transactions, for reasons I did not then comprehend, always seemed to occur in the dead of night.
- For these reasons, it was hard for many to comprehend that such an armistice could ever take place.
- I understood and comprehended what would take most children years to take in and be able to use.
- I simply do not comprehend how a herring in the North Sea can be at risk from a bovine disease.
- It was set up, for reasons I could not begin to comprehend, as a public-versus-private spat.
- From a Christian perspective the data and results can be comprehended by reason.