In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comprimir(text) condensarto compress sth into sth
- it is compressed into solid blocks — se comprime hasta formar bloques compactos
- he compressed the speech into a short article — escribió un breve artículo en el que se condensaba el discurso
- They can be compressed into nine critical questions.
- The files are automatically compressed so they're small enough to send via email.
- Often, large files are compressed to reduce downloading time.
- When data is compressed automatically, all filing characteristics remain exactly the same.
- Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.
- Music compressed using MP3 or equivalent formats requires 1Mb per minute.
1compresa femininehot/cold compress — compresa caliente/fría
- Symptoms increased with warmth and were relieved partially with cold compresses.
- Follow with a warm sea salt compress to remove crusting and clean out any infection.
- Before I knew it, I had worked myself up into a frothing, barking frenzy and had to lay down and put a cold compress on my head.
- If stung by a fire ant, the first recommended step is to apply a cold compress to relieve the swelling and pain.
- I am plagued with boils and have tried hot compresses to no avail.
- Many cold compresses, an elevated leg and all manner of other cures have been to no avail.
- She continued to place the cool compress on his forehead and dab at his reddened cheeks.
- She pressed the cold compress to the spot where she hit her head.
- To relieve a tension headache, apply a cold compress to the back of your neck.
- However, there are certain situations in which the ginger compress should not be used.
- He went to place the compress on her head again and she evaded him.
- So now I've got a cold compress on it, fresh from the freezer.
- Talk about the magical moments and apply a cold compress to the burns.
- Gently massage the affected joints in the morning after applying warm compresses to the area.
- Take them out of the microwave and apply these steamy compresses to your aching body.
- I took some paracetamol, and did cold compresses, and was just generally in a very bad mood.
- Pamela was there exchanging cool compresses on his forehead.
- A ginger compress is safe for most people and in many situations.
- You can use hot compresses during your bath session.
- Relieve pain with cool, wet compresses until the corpsman arrives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.