In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There was no reduction in the incidence of spinal cord compression.
- A hematoma usually results from multiple punctures and failure to apply adequate compression on the injured vessel.
- And what about that new video compression technology that will allow us to receive full-screen video over the Net?
- Such compression may be beneficial in reducing transmission time over the Internet.
- He also measured the amount of heat released during the compression and expansion of gases.
- Likewise, there is tension or relief from compression in the upper portion of the cell.
- The added bonus of lossless audio compression is a boon for people who have good speakers and good ears.
- The deformation energy for stretching is smaller than for comparable compression.
- Suspension bridges deal with compression by focusing it through the cables into to towers.
- Upon compression, the fluorescent rims became broader and the dark areas smaller.
- By far, the most interoperable video compression technology in use today is MPEG, the Moving Pictures Experts Group.
- The performance of an ABI is important for ruling out significant arterial occlusive disease before applying compression.
- Metastatic disease in the lumbar area can cause spinal cord compression.
- Lossless data compression is used for data that must not be changed even a single bit.
- The compression of sea water under pressure is significant.
- Good healthy heart muscle is there but cannot function properly because of compression.
- Treatment should be initiated as soon as spinal cord compression is diagnosed.
- One way to mitigate the packet loss problem is through lossless data compression.
- The most common causes of this syndrome are extrinsic compression of the superior vena cava and intraluminal venous thrombosis.
- To reach high surface pressures, the rate of compression must then exceed the rate of collapse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.