- The deformation energy for stretching is smaller than for comparable compression.
- By far, the most interoperable video compression technology in use today is MPEG, the Moving Pictures Experts Group.
- Upon compression, the fluorescent rims became broader and the dark areas smaller.
- The compression of sea water under pressure is significant.
- Metastatic disease in the lumbar area can cause spinal cord compression.
- Such compression may be beneficial in reducing transmission time over the Internet.
- Treatment should be initiated as soon as spinal cord compression is diagnosed.
- There was no reduction in the incidence of spinal cord compression.
- One way to mitigate the packet loss problem is through lossless data compression.
- The performance of an ABI is important for ruling out significant arterial occlusive disease before applying compression.
- To reach high surface pressures, the rate of compression must then exceed the rate of collapse.
- And what about that new video compression technology that will allow us to receive full-screen video over the Net?
- Likewise, there is tension or relief from compression in the upper portion of the cell.
- He also measured the amount of heat released during the compression and expansion of gases.
- The added bonus of lossless audio compression is a boon for people who have good speakers and good ears.
- The most common causes of this syndrome are extrinsic compression of the superior vena cava and intraluminal venous thrombosis.
- Lossless data compression is used for data that must not be changed even a single bit.
- A hematoma usually results from multiple punctures and failure to apply adequate compression on the injured vessel.
- Good healthy heart muscle is there but cannot function properly because of compression.
- Suspension bridges deal with compression by focusing it through the cables into to towers.