In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Metastatic disease in the lumbar area can cause spinal cord compression.
- The added bonus of lossless audio compression is a boon for people who have good speakers and good ears.
- There was no reduction in the incidence of spinal cord compression.
- One way to mitigate the packet loss problem is through lossless data compression.
- The compression of sea water under pressure is significant.
- The deformation energy for stretching is smaller than for comparable compression.
- And what about that new video compression technology that will allow us to receive full-screen video over the Net?
- Good healthy heart muscle is there but cannot function properly because of compression.
- To reach high surface pressures, the rate of compression must then exceed the rate of collapse.
- Upon compression, the fluorescent rims became broader and the dark areas smaller.
- Lossless data compression is used for data that must not be changed even a single bit.
- By far, the most interoperable video compression technology in use today is MPEG, the Moving Pictures Experts Group.
- The performance of an ABI is important for ruling out significant arterial occlusive disease before applying compression.
- The most common causes of this syndrome are extrinsic compression of the superior vena cava and intraluminal venous thrombosis.
- Such compression may be beneficial in reducing transmission time over the Internet.
- Likewise, there is tension or relief from compression in the upper portion of the cell.
- Treatment should be initiated as soon as spinal cord compression is diagnosed.
- A hematoma usually results from multiple punctures and failure to apply adequate compression on the injured vessel.
- He also measured the amount of heat released during the compression and expansion of gases.
- Suspension bridges deal with compression by focusing it through the cables into to towers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.