1(compelling)the book is compulsive reading — es uno de esos libros que se empiezan y no se pueden dejar
- the film is compulsive viewing — es una película que no hay que perderse
2(obsessive)(behavior) compulsivoshe has bouts of compulsive spending — tiene temporadas de gastar y gastar sin freno
- he's a compulsive eater/liar — come/miente por compulsión
- Most people with OCD struggle to banish their unwanted, obsessive thoughts and to prevent themselves from engaging in compulsive behaviors.
- If not detected and treated early, compulsive gambling might lead to estrangement from family and friends as well as financial and legal difficulties.
- What is distinctive about such compulsive behaviour, I would argue, is that the desires and emotions in question are more or less radically independent of the evaluational systems of these agents.
- A child's ability to play is limited by these compulsive behaviors.
- But motivation coming from a negative source relentlessly generates anxiety and stress, creating compulsive perfectionism.
- The child may develop school phobias, compulsive eating or psychosomatic illnesses.
- Many had kept secret their compulsive eating binges or their ‘purging’ behaviors for years.
- Some individuals with bulimia struggle with addictions, including abuse of drugs and alcohol, and compulsive stealing.
- Difficult to define exactly, it has become popular to think of almost any behavior that has a compulsive quality as an ‘addiction.’
- By all indications the episodic behavior could become more compulsive and frequent.
- Surveillance - a new and ominous term - became compulsive and almost second nature, even when its use was self-defeating.
- As you learn to modify your compulsive behaviour, your anxiety levels should lessen.
- Most people with OCD struggle to banish their unwanted thoughts and compulsive behaviors.
- Those addicted to drugs suffer from a compulsive drug craving and usage and cannot quit by themselves.
- As treatment progresses, most patients gradually experience less anxiety from the obsessive thoughts and are able to resist the compulsive urges.
- Well, compulsive behaviour has been, for decades now, easier to treat psychologically than obsessions.
- It is characterized by behaviors that include one or more of the following: impaired control over drug use, compulsive use, continued use despite harm, and craving.
- For example, multiple addictions have been found among more than half of adolescents who have a compulsive behaviour problem.
- I also struggle with compulsive behaviours from time to time.
- Marijuana is addictive because it causes compulsive, uncontrollable drug craving, seeking and use, even in the face of negative health and social consequences.