In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1expropiación femininebefore noun compulsory purchase order — orden de expropiación feminine
- If the plan gets the go-ahead compulsory purchase orders would have to be made to buy the land.
- The main justification for the use of compulsory purchase powers here would be to achieve a comprehensive regeneration scheme.
- Up to two years have been set aside by the RPA to deal with land acquisition and compulsory purchase orders.
- They have the power to own and dispose of assets, including compulsory purchase with the consent of the Secretary of State.
- The Council resolution authorised the purchase of affected properties by agreement in advance of any compulsory purchase order.
- Council officers will meet residents at a public meeting on July 16 to explain how compulsory purchase orders work and what happens next.
- It would mean compulsory purchase orders of land west of Thornton.
- They were also double checking information about properties which will be acquired through compulsory purchase orders.
- A compulsory purchase order was then executed in accordance with the Act to acquire the necessary land.
- The announcement on Tuesday came as details of compulsory purchase orders for swathes of land earmarked by the scheme's planners were published.
- The moves will include an agreement to approve road closures where necessary and compulsory purchase orders on land and buildings.
- However, the local council stepped in and purchased the land under a compulsory purchase order.
- Pembrokeshire County Council has just agreed to acquire the property under compulsory purchase as part of the regeneration of the Dockyard.
- The Committee approved the use in principle of compulsory purchase powers subject to an indemnity.
- Ultimately, however, in cases of outright conflict between the company and property owners compulsory purchase was enforced.
- It would not, for example, be able to purchase the site using compulsory purchase orders.
- At the moment 15 homes and a couple of sports clubs stand in the way of the scheme, but these are likely to be demolished if and when compulsory purchase orders are issued.
- There are a lot of owner occupiers and every compulsory purchase order will be challenged at a public inquiry.
- The authority has received a number of complaints because some of the buildings needed to make way for the project have been subject to compulsory purchase orders.
- The party is calling for much wider use of compulsory purchase orders, particularly to allow for the building of public housing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.