In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1computadora feminine Latin Americacomputador masculine Latin Americaordenador masculine Spain(society/age/revolution) de la informática(game/program) de computadora Latin America(game/program) de computador Latin America(game/program) de ordenador Spain(animation/graphics) por computadora Latin America(graphics/animation) por computador Latin America(graphics/animation) por ordenador Spainall the data is on computer — todos los datos están computarizados / computerizados
- to put sth on computer — informatizar algo
- she works in computers — trabaja en informática / computación
- computer fraud — fraude informático
- computer pornography — pornografía informática / por Internet
- computer printout — impresión de salida
- computer room — sala de computadoras (/ de ordenadores etc. )
- computer skills — conocimientos de informática / de computación
- computer typesetting — composición por computadora (/ por ordenador etc. )
- computer user — usuario de computadora (/ de ordenador etc. )
- The group built the largest quantum computer ever, capable of factoring the number 15.
- The use of hand-held computers varies widely in clinical practice.
- The updated carriages also sport power sockets for notebook computers and other devices.
- The missile was equipped with an autonomous inertial command structure and an on-board digital computer.
- Participants scan the barcodes of every product they buy using a hand-held computer at home.
- Patients will receive information through their computers on how to manage their disease.
- The laws were designed to prosecute people who hack into computers and steal information.
- Such games hint at how best to program a quantum computer.
- The four-page tabloids, little more than newsletters, materialized mainly because the editor used his personal computer at home.
- Clearly, not too many can afford to buy their own personal computers.
- But speed barriers, even in today's fast computers, are already an issue.
- However, integrated graphics are the mainstay of today's office computers.
- Today's computers process data in the form of voltages representing 1s and 0s.
- The worm attempts to copy itself to the Windows folder on networked computers with open shared drives.
- Perhaps the most compelling reason to buy a desktop computer is to get your choice of flat-panel displays.
- Since then, the craft appears to have rebooted its own on-board computer more than 60 times.
- Early in his career, he pushed for the Smithsonian to purchase its first mainframe computer.
- The three desktop computers are connected to each other using Ethernet with a hub.
- I'd like to be able to access email remotely from the new notebook computer.
- I waited until a powerful laptop computer was under $1000 before buying it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.