In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informática femininecomputación femininebefore noun computing skills — competencia en el uso de computadoras (or ordenadores etc.) feminine
- computing time — tiempo máquina
- After all, today's laptops have just as much computing power as desktops, without taking up as much space.
- I always think of mobile computing as personal computing.
- Most large businesses have customer data in multiple computing environments.
- His main areas of interest are computer networks and distributed computing.
- The quest for noiseless computing has been highly sought by computer users over the past several years.
- In the future the most extensive and complicated computing tasks can only be resolved with a quantum computer.
- Some base technologies for utility computing include virtualization and automated operations.
- However, this software already has had a profound effect on the personal computing industry.
- Over the past few years we've seen a barrage of aftermarket CPU coolers entering the enthusiast computing market.
- What's more, the right software could convert the Xbox into a far more useful computing device than it currently is.
- We would need a better system for synchronising data among separate computing devices.
- In the olden days of interactive computing, you got an account on one computer which was all you ever used.
- Where the money will be is in supplying personal computing, not personal computers.
- Such a switch could be useful in communications and optical computing.
- Those PDA users who follow safe computing guidelines are highly unlikely to be seriously affected.
- The fight pits the computer electronics and computing side of the company against their music label.
- Indeed, today we have much computing and information processing capability.
- Operating systems are a basic and necessary part of any computing environment.
- Peer-to-peer computing enables networked computers to eliminate the need for a server.
- Its share of overall computing has decreased as computing has become ubiquitous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.