In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But to be honest, they all look the same to me, conceited and morose.
- We don't get conceited enough to say ‘we don't need to follow our policies today’.
- She knew nothing about him… yet she had the guts to even describe him as an arrogant conceited brat.
- Charles was arrogant, conceited and a strong believer in the divine rights of kings.
- From the look on their faces, they were probably arrogant, conceited punks who thought they could get any girl they wanted.
- At the centre of the story is the feisty Elizabeth and the conceited Darcy, who initially cannot stand each other but reluctantly fall in love.
- People looked on that as being conceited or being big - headed.
- When she first meets people Penny is conceited and haughty.
- It is neither affected nor conceited to care about the impression you make.
- The genuine superstars, he says, tend to be the least conceited.
- He is not alone in saying that some American lawyers and accountants are conceited and arrogant about what they think is a superior system.
- That said, it can be frustrating working with conceited, egotistical players.
- Then, typically, she worries that this sounds arrogant or conceited.
- Not to be vain or conceited, but it was the truth and anyone sensible would agree.
- For we now have a conceited Government which in its monumental arrogance can brook no opposition.
- I was naive and conceited enough to believe that posting entries into this page would actually achieve something.
- It's essential for you not to let yourself appear arrogant and conceited because of this.
- You have a considerable amount of self-confidence, and you like yourself without being conceited or boastful.
- It has come to signify a group of intolerable, conceited, ruthless snobs.
- I know that might sound pretty arrogant and conceited but it's true, it's really true.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.