In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sobreacerca decon respecto aI'd like a word with you concerning the trip — quisiera hablar con usted sobre / acerca de / con respecto al viaje
- the problems concerning automation — los problemas relacionados con / concernientes a la automatización
- The government is soon set to make its decisions on how to address guideline prices and other issues concerning the auctioneering business.
- "The union has many regulations and requirements concerning the free movement of goods and people," he said.
- There was no prior discussion with our authors concerning the content of their essays.
- If the dealership was removed from the criminal world and placed in its own legal one, there would be more respect for the law concerning other drugs.
- I decided to see our local commander concerning this matter and to seek some explanation from him as to the behaviour of this officer.
- Eleven states also had proposals concerning this subject on their ballots.
- This acceptance was subject to several reservations concerning the supremacy of Community law in Italy.
- Serious meetings are under way concerning the proposals that have been published in the discussion paper.
- Further subjects are meant to allow us to engage in more depth with the primary sources and secondary debates concerning a specific subject.
- Secondly, I'm interested in matters concerning copyright and intellectual property.
- In a letter of June, 1815, Rossini wrote to a poet concerning a proposed libretto for a new work for Rome.
- Complex issues concerning the organisational and political aspects of the dialogue are unlikely to be resolved in three days of talks.
- Why does everything concerning the subject of love have to be so impossible to figure out?
- We are asking for more information concerning this camp to be forwarded to us.
- Intellectuals of the era questioned traditional feudal ideas, including those concerning the roles of family members and women's social status.
- Insofar as you seek to raise arguments concerning that matter, they have no prospect whatever of succeeding.
- They had passed the risk assessments concerning food safety and direct environmental harm.
- The courts have been called upon to make similar judgements in a number of cases concerning children.
- The faculty is really not subject to much oversight concerning these major changes in direction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.