In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piano de cola masculinepiano de concierto masculine
- It will be the second time Dr Hamilton has played at the college to raise funds towards its new 7ft 4in concert grand, which arrived on Saturday.
- Charlie was quick to recognize Adam's signature nine-foot Steinway concert grand piano on center stage.
- Today's modern concert grand is a wonderful instrument for the tonal music of 1800's Vienna.
- A piece from the adored Manenberg song came up, but like all the songs that he had been stroking on the concert grand, it faded quickly underneath another brilliant tune.
- These days playing Bach on the modern concert grand is perfectly acceptable; maybe it's time we added a few earlier composers to the list?
- At a particularly dramatic moment, I accidentally smashed one of the concert grand's lowest strings into smithereens, and the instrument lifted six inches into the air and bounced alarmingly on the stage.
- They are full sized concert grand pianos destined to be played by the world's greatest and in some of its most famous halls.
- In the back parlor there are just one small sofa, two chairs, a scattering of occasional tables and an old Chickering concert grand from a ballroom downtown.
- I remember a dim, pea-green room with, at one end, a concert grand on a low wooden dais: an obsidian shrine, illuminated by track lights hung from the ceiling.
- The Bechstein concert grand was the centerpiece of this year's performance.
- The pianist's clipped articulation does suggest a fortepiano more than a modern concert grand, but interpretively, Kovacevich presents Beethoven as a nose-thumber out to turn things on their ears.
- The piano, a Yamaha concert grand, was purchased jointly five years ago by Musica Viva Lismore and Lismore City Council.
- It is a re-creation of a historic Steinway concert grand piano that was first exhibited at the New York World's Fair in 1939.
- A concert pianist who is sitting down at the concert grand piano in Carnegie Hall in front of a packed house is the equivalent to an author publishing a finished book.
- This year the arrival of the new concert grand piano makes the programme even more appealing.
- The second half of the concert was performed upon a modern Yamaha concert grand.
- Classically trained Amos plays her personal 9-foot Bosendorfer concert grand with its lid open on the tall stick.
- This is a New York Steinway concert grand, just like the one they have at Winspear, but each piano has its own personality.
- Hamlisch's concert shows are extraordinarily simple: Just him and his concert grand on the stage with limited use of special lighting - and no gimmicks.
- On the stage, she saw three beautiful concert grand pianos.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.