1primer violín feminineconcertino masculine
- Should I take a safe job as a concertmaster of an orchestra?
- In the second movement, concertmaster Christopher Warren-Green's realization of the scordatura violin writing is chillingly compelling.
- However, I saw William Preucil, as concertmaster of the Cleveland Orchestra, do a Mozart violin solo and had to pick my jaw up off the ground.
- The concertmaster (whoever it was) and solo bassoonist are simply fantastic.
- While in London, she served as concertmaster of the Royal Academy Chamber Orchestra.
- Kleiber disliked making records and grumbled when the Vienna Philharmonic changed concertmasters from one session to the next, but the spring in his overture was inspirational.
- Glenn Basham is associate professor of violin at the University of Miami, first violinist with the Bergonzi String Quartet and concertmaster of the Naples Philharmonic.
- Ellen de Pasquale served as concertmaster for both concerts.
- Unfortunately, its excellent concertmaster and first violinist, Guillermo Figueroa, may be leaving, so the season became one long audition of violin soloists.
- Smith, almost blind, sat down and memorised the piano part; he was joined by the cellist Moray Welsh and James Clark, concertmaster of the Chamber Orchestra of Europe.
- For example, the opening violin solo (the concertmaster I assume) puts Strauss' voiceprint on it immediately.
- The Palm Beach Opera Orchestra (led by former Cincinnati Symphony concertmaster Eliot Chapo) played splendidly with particularly incisive strings and brilliant brass.
- Among his disciples are the well-known cello teacher George Neikrug and the late violist, William Primrose and among his students were concertmasters of major orchestras, including Joseph Silverstein.
- The concertmaster played a note on his violin and Lev tuned his instrument to it.
- Without a doubt the star of this year's festival is acclaimed violinist and Israel Philharmonic Orchestra concertmaster Ilya Konovalov.
- One of his concertmasters, William Preucil was lured away by the Cleveland Orchestra.
- In conductor-led orchestras, the concertmaster is usually more of a team captain.
- Four members of the orchestra's violin section (led by concertmasters Laszlo Pap and Lenka Hajkova) gave a brilliant traversal of the Concerto No 10 in B minor from Vivaldi's L' Estro Armonico, RV580.
- At the age of 25 he was teaching at the Vienna Academy, and five years later, he was named concertmaster of the Vienna Philharmonic.
- For these concerts, the guest concertmaster is Michael Ludwig, associate concertmaster of the Philadelphia Orchestra.