In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conciliador masculineconciliadora feminine
- In Victoria, the battle pitted Turner, the working-class warrior, versus Beresford, the middle-class conciliator.
- I think Powell is a better mediator, conciliator.
- It was a request for the adjudicator to take on another role, as conciliator or mediator to help the parties reach a settlement.
- First, the PCC prefers to act as a conciliator rather than a judge.
- They stressed that women are natural mediators and conciliators and, indeed, they must play that role because armed conflicts now impact women the most.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.