In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Lapin continues, ‘The movie depicts the conspicuously Jewish parents as sexually obsessed, constantly concupiscent degenerates.’
- We are equally appalled by this man's behavior, but let me emphasize that he is no grasping, concupiscent villain.
- You can become concupiscent, like someone in a singles bar who knows that however unlikely success may seem, at least the desired object is not married and off the market.
- So it was a terrible step when he took the church in the wrong direction, when he adopted the idea that we are all originally tainted by concupiscent sexuality.
- Or perhaps she imagined the luscious, brown-skinned fruit as a fitting image for a concupiscent black protagonist's narrative.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.