In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That's very sharp, and might even be seen by some as being condemnatory.
- These references, however critical, are never wholly condemnatory.
- Their courage helped millions of people to be less condemnatory and more considerate.
- Nothing works them into a condemnatory lather more quickly.
- ‘Their faces were white and they were very condemnatory of our lack of objectivity and fairness,’ Mr. Carter said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.