In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After about two minutes add two cans of condensed beef consommé with enough water to bring it to about 3 cups of liquid.
- In addition to cheese, the plant manufactures fractionated whey products, sweet cream, whey cream, condensed whey and water.
- It tasted like there was some condensed tomato soup in there.
- Sales of condensed soups in those familiar red cans have stagnated.
- Add condensed soup and half-and-half or milk to the bowl with the stuffing mixture in the bowl; stir to blend.
- Condensed soups are pretty much just cans of flavour.
- It's a condensed sauce of peas, stock, garlic and seasonings that can be frozen and then made into soups.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.