In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(ownership)régimen de propiedad horizontal masculine
- Intending to attract the broad base of office workers in the Southpoint area, a housing developer wants to start work in July on a town house condominium community at Bonneval Road and Financial Way.
- The applicant submitted that it is important to understand the centrality of the common expenses in the operation of the condominium corporation for the benefit of all of the owners.
- The project is a mixed-use tower to house the Skyscraper Museum, a public restaurant, condominium units, furnished apartments, and a Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
- There are plans in the works to build nine small corporate condominium hangars to house King Airs or small corporate jets.
- On the residential side, the city approved more houses and apartments, but fewer condominium units.
- It has a cooperative ownership structure, which differs from the usual condominium or planned-unit development setup.
- The estate consisted of two commercial properties, one very large plaza, and five residential condominium units together with cash, insurance, etc.
- This was a property in Guelph zoned for two condominium towers with 176 units, 88 per tower.
- In October, the news came that the 43,188-grt ship had been purchased by the present condominium owners from the original group of investors.
- Mr. Bagot has management experience in conventional apartments, commercial, retail, condominium and affordable housing.
- A condominium property was built on these lands.
- He helped on the conversion to condominium apartments in 2003.
- In 1994 he also owned a condominium property valued at $130,000 and mortgaged to the extent of $30,000 then.
- As noted in paragraph 17 above, the occupancy fee incorporates three components, namely, mortgage interest, condominium fees, and property taxes.
- For your parents, it would mean changing the ownership of their condominium from their individual names to the name of their revocable living trust.
- Village Urban Neighborhoods, within about 536 acres, are closer to the center and will include more dense single-family, town house and condominium development.
- On cross-examination Rutherford was asked if he paid the woman $50, 000.00 for discounts she obtained for the defendants respecting their condominium.
- Foreigners may have freehold ownership of a condominium title, with a proportional or strata interest in common land.
- Condo-hotels, as the name suggests, provide condominium ownership in a hotel-like setting and are a growing trend in property ownership.
- He said that the market was further impeded by the lack of condominium law and property register law.
1.2(building)condominio masculine Latin Americabloque de pisos masculine Spain
- In Thailand, foreign nationals can own a unit in a registered condominium or even a building as distinct from the land it is built on.
- He designed hundreds of structures, including hospitals, office buildings, synagogues and condominiums, in addition to about 200 other hotels.
- It is dwarfed on all sides by three-story houses, a condominium building and an ugly electric lightpole.
- The impact of the sea and the inner harbour create an unusually calm harmony within the seemingly endless development of condominiums taking place along the waterfront.
- It took a good two hours to reach the condominium complex Mattie and I lived in while we were in California.
- Future plans include building condominiums and bungalows, according to the hotel's Communications Executive, Anita Rajaratnam.
- I try to think of a descriptive metaphor as we head west on Euclid Avenue, passing abandoned houses, new and gated condominiums, and apartment buildings with boards nailed to all the ground-level windows.
- The front door of their condo opened up to the back of the condominium building which faced the mountains of Maui.
- This law came about as a response to the substantial displacement of moderate- and low-income families resulting from gentrification and the conversion of buildings into condominiums that started in the 1970s.
- They're re-developing empty commercial and warehouse buildings into condominiums.
- Many of the proposed buildings are ‘hotel condominiums.’
- Separating the two conflicting partitions was a thick row of tall buildings and condominiums that ran right down the middle - a minute version of the dreaded Berlin Wall in the smallest of senses.
- In the 1980s, new beaches were developed from reclaimed land, and luxury high-rise apartment buildings and condominiums were constructed to appeal to wealthy residents and investors.
- The immigrant population dominates the urban areas, living in apartment complexes and condominiums.
- The works department estimates that multi-family dwellings - which include apartments, condominiums and townhouse complexes - are home to about 40 per cent of Toronto's population.
- But if they are just going to be building new condominiums, without offering anything to the long-term residents of the area, well, that would be very disturbing.
- In many neighbourhoods, the building of high-rise condominiums seems like a simple necessity.
- The project's proponents, however, say that parking will by and large be maintained, and that the building of more condominiums will ease Montreal's increasingly severe housing crisis.
- This transformation becomes apparent in photographs that show modern commercial buildings or condominiums now occupying land that, as late as the 1950s, held farms and farmhouses.
- Monday, a condominium building gets a makeover and eight couples get a shot at cashing in on the results - if they've got the right renovation stuff.
1.3(apartment)apartamento masculinepiso masculine Spain
- She plans to move her mother into a condominium.
- Balanky said last month that he also expected to develop 216 condominiums on 12 acres near the lake.
- But if this lot were in downtown Toronto, planners and politicians would let you build 274 condominiums, 225 hotel suites and 39 corporate suites.
- The proposed tower will house 104 condominiums.
- Pulte plans four 40-unit, four-story condo buildings totaling 160 condominiums of two or three bedrooms.
- There go the houses and condominiums, the gold bracelets and expensive watches, the worn but still wearable wardrobe and, last but not least, common sense and healthy cautiousness.
- Specifically designed for smaller homes, apartments, condominiums, and mobile homes.
- New apartments and condominiums continue to flood the market despite the generally low occupancy rates.
- Construction permits have been awarded for fewer than 1,400 out of the 12,000 or so households who want their apartments or condominiums repaired.
- Thunder Ridge Chalets in Fernie, a deluxe complex of condominiums just a slide away from ski lifts.
- Furthermore, it is estimated that more than 50% of new homes being built in and around major metropolitan areas in the U.S. are condominiums, etc.
- Banglamung police were called to a condominium in Naklua after cleaning staff reported the death of one of the residents.
- When the financing and organization to put it to this use fell through, the building was sold to private developers who promptly and contrarily converted it into luxury condominiums in 1986.
- But last week, Michelle Cohen, a public relations executive recently hired by Grand Center, said the ‘Media Box’ is a building that will hold a design studio and apartments or condominiums.
- She was living in a condominium that she had purchased with the assistance of her father who gave her a gift of $32,000 for the down payment.
- In the years that followed, developers began to entice young artists and professionals with condominiums and apartments fashioned from commercial buildings.
- Contemporary apartments and condominiums are even less likely than single-family dwellings to have Japanese-style rooms.
- Villas, apartments and condominiums are scattered along a delightful waterway most with their boats moored only metres away…
- Since she wanted to keep the house we stayed in, I went and rented a condominium studio apartment.
- Prices of upmarket apartments and condominiums rose 4.1 percent in the July-September period to an average S $1,020 per square foot.
en régimen de propiedad horizontal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.