In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1confucianismo masculineconfucionismo masculine
- We can admire the moral order of Confucianism, or the stress on harmony with nature in Taoism, or the resignation of the Stoics, and wonder about progress.
- Although mainly a philosophy, Confucianism, the dominant ideology in feudal China, played practically a religious role in Chinese people's life.
- They have taken their religious themes and imagery from Shamanism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism.
- In the spiritual traditions of China, Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism, practices and disciplines for refinement of the spirit are common.
- Nothing I understood about Confucianism had anything to do with these rituals.
- Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.
- Some Confucianists asserted that Confucianism was anti-mercantile.
- Koreans have traditionally combined elements from different belief systems, such as Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism.
- Most Vietnamese practice the mutually compatible religions of Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism.
- So I looked at all Eastern philosophies, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, and I found that Buddhism has a very strong element of that.
- Even the vaguest promises for an after-life are withheld by Confucianism, illustrating the rigorously secular orientation of this philosophy.
- For Chinese religions, the focus is again on unity and diversity, and on the religious nature of Confucianism.
- A self-guiding tour includes three chapels for the religions of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism.
- We have to substitute flexible Confucianism for orthodox Confucianism in order to cope with the rapidly changing global situation.
- The idea came from Buddhism rather than Confucianism, but for Confucians it implied no other-worldly quietism.
- However, they have also been influenced by the three major religions of China: Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism.
- Buddhism became one of the three major religions of China, along with Taoism and Confucianism.
- His personality cult has elements of animism, Confucianism and Christianity.
- There the number of converts from Confucianism and other Eastern religions to Christianity is growing rapidly, he explained.
- And that's the fundamental teaching of Confucianism, and that as I say, has had a very strong influence in Korea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.