In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(defect/disease) congénitohe's a congenital liar/idiot — es mentiroso/idiota por naturaleza
- Read about birth defects and congenital heart disease to learn more.
- Women with diabetes, renal disease, autoimmune disease, and congenital heart disease need intensive surveillance.
- Family history should be obtained to evaluate the risk of congenital disease.
- Defects caused by congenital infections result when a mother gets an infection before or during the pregnancy.
- There are no documented congenital diseases specific to Austrian Americans.
- Several congenital abnormalities are rendered less likely by an adequate folate intake.
- After birth, the first sign of congenital heart disease is often the presence of a heart murmur.
- Of the 50 patients, 23 belonging to the paediatric age group had congenital diseases.
- Because the baby is born with them, they're known as congenital infections.
- It is the leading cause of pregnancy loss, congenital abnormalities and mental and physical retardation.
- This is a common congenital defect of the aorta, your body's main artery.
- Disturbances in this process may produce some of the more common congenital abnormalities: the neural tube defects.
- We excluded infants with congenital abnormalities precluding enteral feeding.
- The proportion of neonatal deaths attributed to major genetic or congenital abnormalities has increased.
- Speaking of heart disease, is there a link between the risk of coronary and the risk of having a baby with a congenital abnormality?
- Some cases are due to congenital syndromes and others may be related to drug use such as steroids or marijuana.
- It can be caused by congenital defects or problems with the blood clotting.
- We looked at hospital admissions data for congenital and acquired syphilis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and ectopic pregnancy.
- In terms of congenital defects, the first trimester of pregnancy is the exposure period of interest.
- Autopsy showed the presence of abnormal adrenal glands and multiple congenital abnormalities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.