In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1congestionadoabarrotado de genterepleto de gentecongested with sth — abarrotado de algo
- Traffic jams and congested spaces under flyovers, where people stopped to escape getting wet, were a common sight.
- They say they are worried about the impact of extra traffic on already congested roads, the density of housing proposed for the site, and what will happen to electricity pylons which cross the land.
- Barring a few participants, who used four-wheelers, the rest meandered through the congested roads and lanes of the city in two-wheelers.
- The proposal for this was made three months back to bypass the congested city roads and help the bus drivers drive safely to various destinations.
- A good dual carriageway with two lanes for ordinary traffic and one for buses has been reduced to a congested road with one lane for traffic and one bus lane each way.
- Are we still in doubt about why our roads are so congested and traffic jams are the order of the day?
- And what better time to do it than on a Sunday afternoon, when the congested city roads and bazaars are not as maddening a proposition to wade your way through as they are on a week day.
- Many of them said there was no reason to wear a seat belt because most of the streets in the city were so congested with traffic.
- Like many old Mylai streets, it is also a narrow and congested road with several street houses.
- Heavy loads will be transported through York and Selby on a special boat in a bid to cut traffic jams on the region's congested roads.
- The traffic snarls and congested roads near schools hardly mattered for motorists, as they welcomed them with warm smiles and long grins.
- It can clear the traffic out of a congested area or impede your opponents.
- The noise, the increased traffic in an already congested area, the effect it will have on the price of goods sold at the market and the changing of the neighbourhood's very make-up are all at stake, they say.
- Then the widened roads become congested with traffic again, sometimes immediately.
- But the group insists that the size of the development is too large for the conservation area and would bring traffic havoc to already congested lanes.
- One would have thought that this area is already congested by traffic without introducing more by having buses in the area.
- There were also warnings that property prices around the edge of the zone could fall as streets became congested with traffic trying to avoid the charge.
- The streets are often heavily congested with traffic such that a chauffeur driven car hire is almost a must.
- After all, life on our congested city roads is stressful.
- The aim of the £47.9 million project is to take 60 per cent of the traffic out of the congested town centre.
- One should be on watch for any soreness in the throat, a stuffy nose or congested chest because they are the early symptoms of the onset of disease.
- The symptoms include itchy eyes, sneezing, and congested nostrils.
- My daughter, she's congested and she's stopped breathing.
- She was taking two decongestants and a nasal steroid daily for allergies, but they weren't helping - she was always congested anyway.
- Also, some mind-body practitioners believe a congested throat may signal that you're not expressing your feelings.
- I felt well-rested, but my nose was still congested.
- I was feeling super sick, congested, and not able to breathe, but with only another two days left to my trip, I didn't want to waste time laying in bed.
- It reduces the histamine-based swelling produced by allergic reactions, so turn to it when congested sinuses or food alergies contribute to sleeplessness.
- To stave off colds, she should combine it with aconite at the first sign of a scratchy throat or a congested feeling in the head.
- The results of this battle mimic signs and symptoms of a cold - stuffy nose, itchy eyes, cough - and may cause congested sinuses.
- But this week, she became congested, and yesterday, the dizziness returned; it got so bad she went to the school nurse, where lying down made it worse.
- After their night's respite, my congested bronchial tubes once more begin their noisy rattle.
- My ancestors employed the most infamous of techniques - the eyelash in the eye, the one congested nostril, and, of course, the itch on the back that couldn't be reached without an implement.
- He was still coughing occasionally, but his chest didn't feel congested.
- Not so with allergies, which can leave you feeling congested, with itchy eyes and sneezing.
- On the other hand, bronchodilator inhalers that open congested airways are a big part of asthma treatment, though they aren't used to treat allergies.
- I've had a cold that won't quit and I coughed through a bunch of the tape as I lay flat on my purple yoga mat and my nose and throat got more congested.
- A congested feeling in the chest and difficulty in breathing are the most common symptoms of this chronic respiratory disease.
- So by all means, if you think your child's cold has gone on for more than seven days, and your child is still congested and perhaps coughing heavily, see your pediatrician.
- The first sign of a cold is often a congested or runny nose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.