In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine congestiónmasculine abarrotamiento
- The car park will also hopefully ease traffic congestion and parking difficulties.
- Free from the weekday congestion, the traffic raced wildly, shifting lanes as if in a video game.
- Using a light touch, the therapist helps to clear areas of congestion and stagnation.
- The bus lanes are designed to ease traffic congestion but they remain controversial.
- Residents fear increased congestion, more noise and rides creating an eyesore.
- Traffic will take to minor narrower roads causing even worse congestion and gridlock.
- This was a three-mile dual carriageway designed to make traffic congestion a thing of the past.
- Road rage is not one of my vices but I do get frustrated if I am stuck in traffic either due to road works or congestion.
- That's the message from a new project to reduce congestion and improve the health of York children.
- Many group members are car owners and know only too well the difficulties caused by road congestion.
- They are a major cause of congestion and take up too much precious space.
- This often creates congestion and difficulties with parking and access around schools.
- Even then there was congestion on the bridge as a result of resurfacing work.
- If you are frustrated by road congestion or overcrowded trains you can add your support to our campaign.
- This will, it is hoped, take traffic off the roads and help to ease congestion.
- Traffic congestion is a serious issue which is causing concern to many residents and traders in our area.
- This would help counter claims the bridge was adding to congestion in Edinburgh.
- Up top the band can often take up a large area of the dance floor and cause a lot of congestion.
- The incident caused congestion on surrounding roads as police cleared the area.
- At the moment traffic in York is being restrained simply by congestion itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.