In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1¡enhorabuena!¡felicitaciones! Latin America
- Thank you so much for your congrats and well wishes.
- I don't know how he pulled it off, but congrats to his campaign crew.
- Heartiest congrats to Ellie on another special day.
- But, of the political blogs, I can't argue with any of the winners: congrats, and keep up the good work!
- And, additional congrats to Frank, who has collected the history of gay DC for an upcoming book.
- I have some blog catching up to do so this post was just supposed to be a quickie to say congrats to my getting-older-by-the-minute daughter.
- And while I am at it, I just thought I should say congrats to Meg for both a highly successful redesign and having an incredibly cool web savvy mother.
- Sara joined the party around nine, to cheers and smiles; another round of baby congrats.
- Hey, congrats on being number one again - and welcome to your new digs.
- Dave, congrats on the first joke on this comment board.
- But congrats on a decent hall (type thing) of residence, just cross your fingers and hope the bed isn't lumpy!
- By the way, congrats to Dale and Heather on their new tyke!
- Anyway, congrats to him, he did his best and he did Jamaica proud!
- Give her congrats for winning that all-state spelling bee.
- Tom, congrats on a very well thought out post here.
- You may be too humble to post this, but congrats!
- Best wishes and congrats go to the happy couple.
- Jim was vague about who was going to buy it, but congrats!
- If anyone else has read this far down the blog, congrats.
- And while we're on the subject of driving, congrats to everyone who enjoyed a beer, but didn't drive after the Lismore races last Thursday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.