In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hymn/singing) con participación de los fielesthe Congregational Church — la iglesia congregacionalista
- The guidelines for the celebration of this sacrament in the liturgy of marriage are the same as for any congregational Eucharist.
- They attend a congregational church and their views are typical of churchgoers in the United States.
- I've been a member of several Lutheran churches and have sat through many congregational meetings.
- Family members, congregational members, pastors, and other church leaders are called to honor marriage.
- And it's certainly true that our style has infiltrated into the style of singing and congregational worship in this church.
- In both, the religious convictions of the early settlers and a congregational church system helped shape social and political institutions.
- His basic intention was to improve the congregational singing in the churches.
- A licensing program can help congregations enrich parts of worship in addition to congregational hymn singing.
- How can a commitment to continual conversion help congregational renewal?
- It needs to be up to date, changing as schedules and programs, church seasons and congregational opportunities change.
- His personal and congregational anecdotes weave a significant story of appropriate, evaluated use of technology.
- Presidents, on the other hand, eschew congregational control in favor of congregational influence.
- Most authors are silent about ways to appropriate Christian resources and tradition in the face of congregational turmoil.
- But when believers are called home to be with Christ there is normally music and congregational singing.
- In the median congregation, only ten individuals do volunteer work connected with congregational social services.
- This does not call for a rush of congregational activity by which Churches busy themselves in social matters which are not properly their business.
- Thirdly, are we jealously guarding united congregational worship?
- They have had leaders who have helped to cultivate the passions and commitments of congregational life.
- For many, he is the mentor who set the standard and priority for congregational song.
- The task ahead for those colleges that wish to sustain a congregational culture, or even a more broadly Catholic one, is enormous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.