In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The reason is that one can divide the larger square into nine congruent copies of the smaller one
- Each vertex triangle in the new hexagon is either congruent to one in the original hexagon or has the same base and height.
- This implies that the marked quadrilaterals (and so, by symmetry, all the quadrilaterals) are congruent.
- Use just one cut - or draw a line - and divide this white shape into two identical, congruent, parts.
- Four congruent sides lie on two parallel lines, and pairs of these sides define parallelograms of equal area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.