In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Modernism is assumed to be a series of separate known conic elements and glittering remains.
- The square or useful hand, the spatulate or active hand, the philosophic or knotty hand, the conic or artistic hand, the psychic or idealistic hand, the mixed hand, and the elementary or lowest hand.
- The stem presents two conic shape figures and a oval sphere.
- He is magically deft in the conic perspective of their open bosoms; in the glazed sheen of their blonde braided hair; in spanning the capaciousness of their tumbling satin trappings.
- The endosperm cap (the testa included) was placed on the needle and was pierced by moving the needle down into a polyvinyl chloride block with a conic hole with a minimum diameter of 0.7 mm.
- Catching it temporarily gives you the ability to capture alien ships with a conic beam much in the same way that the aliens could capture your ship in the old arcade game.
- Intentional or not, they show the building again is a textually dense project combining the text of language with the text of conic fragments from the culture of art and architecture.
- On a German distributor's page they have different types: those with increasing pull and others with conic reels to balance the rising spring force.
- In 1865 he submitted his doctoral dissertation on a new method to determine the characteristics of conic systems to the University of Copenhagen.
- However, the achievement of an conic architecture through a sculptural approach does come at some cost - the most obvious being that the abstraction wrought by an unbroken skin prohibits permeability between interior and exterior.
- As an urban design gesture it works as large, slow tempo pedal notes, allowing the refurbished stables to act as an conic flourish on Macquarie Street.
- The conic hand is usually medium sized and the palm is slightly tapering.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.