In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1basado en conjeturasconjetural formal
- It is their reliance on conjectural statements based on outward similarities that mars the book as a whole.
- The foregoing is conjectural, and is intended more to suggest an approach to establishing action on behalf of the future than to prescribe specifics.
- The defendant says the elements of the loss must be established with reasonable certainty, and must not be speculative or conjectural.
- Citing the findings of previous interpreters could also be a way of letting readers know that a translation was itself a conjectural reconstruction open to refutation.
- Everything else - that is, the actual character of the external world and of our relationship to it - must remain conjectural or hypothetical, though some hypotheses are better than others.
- Altered estrogen receptor sensitivity is another possible abnormality, but like the estrogen-androgen imbalance suggestion, it is completely conjectural.
- Address your fears with conjectural theory and speculation.
- Fears of conjectural health risk from the pesticides themselves, as well as environmental concerns, would have swamped the valid arguments for the employment of such techniques.
- A conjectural science, which teaches to judge of the effects and influences of the stars, and to foretell future events by the situation and different aspects of the heavenly bodies.
- Her inspiring words were the only remnants other than my conjectural thoughts that I allowed to follow my every flight.
- Despite increased understanding of the nature of the disease in general, the factors that contribute to symptomatic destabilization are little studied and much remains conjectural.
- Gone are the days when scientists could look at the state as a bottomless pit of resources for often conjectural studies.
- It is preoccupied with hypothetical origins and conjectural future ends.
- Watson and Crick were determined to try to build a conjectural model of the structure of DNA.
- Prying apart the text, he located discrepancies between the author's conjectural inferences and the evidence actually offered in support of those inferences.
- Certainly, where the evidence in question is equivocal, in the sense of ambiguous and uncertain and conjectural in nature, the probative force is of such diminished significance as to be valueless.
- The vignettes that follow are conjectural, but they may suggest ways in which his life as we know it found its way into his art.
- Although this sort of analogy to herd-living, open-country ungulates will always be somewhat conjectural, it is far from being completely speculative.
- Yet, it does not explain why its proponents don't believe in unicorns, leprechauns or other such conjectural entities, all of which also lie outside the imagined boundaries of science.
- My point is why make the claim for a developed canon in the first place, especially when it is based on conjectural attributions and dates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.