In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The conjugal relation portrayed between husband and wife differs in both its commensal and sexual aspects from a quotidian union.
- Women have a degree of material and psychological security but suffer complete instability in conjugal relationships.
- Actually, we expect that Canadian homosexual couples will behave like Canadian heterosexual couples and see marriage as one of many conjugal options, each with its benefits and drawbacks.
- A broader preoccupation with conjugal relationships in Victorian politics, literature, and art was probably also a factor.
- Husbands had the right to dispose of conjugal property, including property the wife brought to the union, as they saw fit.
- Unlike blood relationships, the conjugal relationship is chosen by the parties.
- Those who have not enjoyed conjugal relations in a while should start to feel especially nervous.
- The writer himself says of the conjugal relationship, ‘This is a great mystery, and I am applying it to Christ and the Church.’
- The story confirms a preference for the unconsummated love of a distant, but admired object, over the conjugal relationship.
- I'm sure his wife was overwhelmingly grateful to be relieved of conjugal duties after thirty-five years of marriage.
- The reader must then take up the baton, receive the message of this missive which has been addressed to her and thus respond to the invitation to have conjugal relations with the text.
- He should then explain to the boy and girl individually their respective conjugal duties as husband and wife.
- A person with whom you've lived for a period of 12 months or more in a conjugal relationship is generally considered to be a common-law spouse.
- The conjugal vision of marriage itself is being stamped as discriminatory and bigoted.
- Both parties were getting involved in a second conjugal relationship.
- The father is formally the head of the household, but more equal conjugal relations are common among younger couples.
- If you are going to live with this girl in a conjugal relationship (look it up in the dictionary, James) then it's high time you took a good hard look at yourself and your miserable nature.
- In these smaller conjugal families, the roles of husbands and wives feature greater equality and more sharing of responsibilities.
- Valentine's Day used to be known as a kitsch, childish and generally innocent celebration where teenagers sent themselves cards and married couples enjoyed biannual conjugal relations.
- This may explain their higher rates of separation and divorce and their lower levels of satisfaction with conjugal relations and sexuality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.