In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Oh yeah, I'm trying to learn how to conjugate verbs in Japanese now.
- A French language lesson follows with the Brother conjugating the reflexive verb deshabiller, ‘to undress’.
- And don't worry, even French four students occasionally forget how to conjugate verbs.
- Tenses are confused, verbs are conjugated and there's a creek to swim in to give relief from the merciless sun.
- In a month, they were writing the alphabet, conjugating verbs, and making small sentences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.