- Eyewear covers the cornea, conjunctiva, and other ocular tissue.
- The remaining chapters include discussions of tumors of the orbit, eyelid, conjunctiva, cornea and sclera, uvea, and optic nerve.
- Over the sclera lies the conjunctiva, a clear mucous membrane that protects the eye from becoming dry.
- Most ocular complications involve the cornea but may also include the conjunctiva, uvea, sclera, retina, and surrounding structures.
- This happens as a result of the irritation and widening of the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva.