In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Newborns with chlamydial conjunctivitis or pneumonia require up to 2 weeks of antibiotic treatment.
- Mast cell stabilizers may also reduce inflammation associated with hay fever and allergic conjunctivitis.
- When caused by viruses or bacteria, conjunctivitis is highly contagious.
- A less common but more serious viral conjunctivitis is herpes simplex infection.
- This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.