In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(ideas/events) relacionadothe two murders are connected — los dos asesinatos están relacionados (entre sí)
- their families are connected — sus familias están emparentadas
- the two firms are in no way connected — las dos empresas no tienen conexión / relación alguna
- the two theories are closely/loosely connected — las dos teorías están íntimamente relacionadas/guardan cierta relación
- she's very well connected — tiene muy buenas conexiones
- to be connected with sth — estar relacionado / conectado con algo
- this incident could be connected with the murder — este incidente podría estar relacionado / conectado con el crimen
- the town has always been connected with the textile trade — la ciudad siempre ha estado vinculada a la industria textil
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.