In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1complicidad feminineconnivencia feminine formalwith the connivance of the authorities — con la complicidad de las autoridades
- in connivance with sb — en connivencia con algn
- connivance at sth — complicidad en algo
- Jewish law discerns three different levels of connivance with wrongdoing.
- The culmination of this is the present unfolding catastrophe, which required the moral connivance, in one way or another, of nearly every sector of civil society.
- Consent and connivance largely overlap with aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring, but they may be easier to prove.
- It could even lead to opaque credit allocation practices and connivance between business and political circles, bringing opportunities to the wrong people.
- The naïve values I was raised on - and passed down to my kids, seem less and less relevant in a world of connivance, double dealings, double crossings and double entendres.
- That the eight-hour day is now under attack testifies both to the ferocity of the present big business offensive, and to the impotence and connivance of the trade unions and social democrats.
- This is also opened to abuse with the busiest car crime con being accident faking to in connivance or another innocent driver to get these big pay-offs.
- Although the officials don't admit but the sources reveal that artificial water scarcity is created by the vested interests in connivance with those at the helm of affairs to promote the sale of mineral water.
- During the years the institution has been in the red with its liabilities mounting up and funds and resources swindled by those at its helm in connivance with the bureaucracy and some politicians.
- Yet, it is necessary to outlive the inhuman experience of this attempt at genocide with the collaboration and connivance of the state and come to grips with its implications for the future of the Republic.
- Indeed, given the two main parties' history of self-serving connivance in this perversion of democracy, is it any wonder that increasing numbers of voters feel alienated by politicians?
- The complaints of over-charging by the contractors in connivance with the municipal officials and police have been brought to the notice of the authorities but so far no action has been taken.
- What this sardonic study of mutual fawning and posturing among the talking heads and editorial sages of Parisian society shows is a system of connivance based at least as much on ideological as material investment in the market.
- If they fail to control the situation within three days they should be suspended and, if found guilty of connivance or actual participation, they should be strictly dealt with for the crime.
- Some of the codes will unfold with merely adept connivance, others will swim vigorously into and by circulation inside their own medium.
- The other difference was that for the first time the inaction, connivance and bias of the police were all on display on television screens in every Indian homes.
- A close scrutiny of these dubious transactions will reveal that there is connivance between unscrupulous employees and these ‘ghost’ suppliers.
- Contractors in connivance with corrupt officials do shoddy work deliberately, so that they get a fresh contract soon for the job.
- All this could not be possible without the illegal influence of concerned officials and without active connivance of higher-ups.
- Not long ago the prime minister himself let it be known that many of our lawyers are involved in money laundering, with or without police connivance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.