In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That is, the Federal Treasury creates credit under constitutional authority.
- In June 1960 a group of princes signed a memorandum calling for a constitutional monarchy.
- The federalism proposed by the liberal opponents of a constitutional amendment is in fact a sham.
- Upholding the ideals of service and duty is one of three purposes of a constitutional monarchy.
- What's next, a constitutional amendment to preserve the right to breathe fresh air?
- The underlying process is the destruction of the established legal and constitutional framework.
- Luxembourg is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy.
- This clearly concerns the now well established doctrine or principle of constitutional law of supremacy.
- To take ‘loyalty to the Queen’ out of the oath is not to deny that New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy.
- I'm opposed to any kind of constitutional amendment or federal involvement in this issue.
- The people might even pass a constitutional amendment reversing the Supreme Court's decision.
- The politics of rights varies according to whether constitutional or non-constitutional regimes are involved.
- The minority denounced the stay as a violation of both constitutional procedures and democratic principles.
- No one in the press corps challenged this attack on fundamental constitutional principles.
- Questioning the legitimacy or constitutional propriety of an action by the executive is a useful device for the opposition.
- At the same time, only a minority of Americans support a constitutional amendment opposing gay marriage.
- Only then will the PNG government introduce the constitutional amendment.
- If we are, how do we return to democratic, constitutional government when the emergency is over?
- The reverence given to the Constitution is one explanation for the very small number of constitutional amendments.
- Spain was once a dictatorship, for example, then became a constitutional monarchy under King Carlos.
- It is a constitutional document, and constitutional documents and principles are always the subject of debate.
- Now is the time for us to be eternally vigilant in protecting the constitutional principles on which our nation was built.
- They oppose the proposed constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, but at the same time oppose gay marriage.
- He multiplied assurances to the establishment, claiming that constitutional government was safe.
- In response, a constitutional amendment that curbs the military's power was passed in May.
- Only Congress can declare war and only Congress has the constitutional authority to raise money for war and diplomacy.
- He said that despite his Euroscepticism, he was not in principle opposed to a constitutional treaty for the European Union.
- Use of this principle with respect to constitutional interpretation may still be controversial.
- The Deputy Prime Minister said today that he believes in supporting the constitutional monarchy.
- A committee is due to release draft constitutional amendments as early as next month.
- A vote set to sail through became mired in questions of authority and constitutional legitimacy.
- Therefore, we reaffirm our support for a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget.
- Parliament had cut back the monarchy to a constitutional role, and asserted its own sovereignty as the representative of the people.
- It is a fundamental constitutional principle, deeply entrenched within our system.
- Given her weakness in constitutional law, her background in business law looks like a strength.
- He pleaded not guilty to all the charges and attacked the constitutional legitimacy of the military regime.
- Fundamental constitutional principles are few, and even they are subject to change.
- However, the new memo ignored the question of the constitutional authority of the president to authorize torture.
- He is prepared to agree only if a constitutional amendment to curtail the powers of the future president is agreed to at the same time.
- One of the times I was listening to this movement I was taking my daily constitutional.
- I took one of my regular constitutionals tonight.
- I guess by the time she's my age I'll be content with exertion no more strenuous than a nightly constitutional.
- I need to be in prime shape for my wedding day, and chances are my daily constitutionals in the park are no longer going to cut it.
- It will still be worth going for a little constitutional afterwards, though, instead of slumping in front of the TV set.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.