In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He multiplied assurances to the establishment, claiming that constitutional government was safe.
- He said that despite his Euroscepticism, he was not in principle opposed to a constitutional treaty for the European Union.
- In June 1960 a group of princes signed a memorandum calling for a constitutional monarchy.
- A vote set to sail through became mired in questions of authority and constitutional legitimacy.
- The reverence given to the Constitution is one explanation for the very small number of constitutional amendments.
- I'm opposed to any kind of constitutional amendment or federal involvement in this issue.
- Spain was once a dictatorship, for example, then became a constitutional monarchy under King Carlos.
- The politics of rights varies according to whether constitutional or non-constitutional regimes are involved.
- What's next, a constitutional amendment to preserve the right to breathe fresh air?
- The minority denounced the stay as a violation of both constitutional procedures and democratic principles.
- Upholding the ideals of service and duty is one of three purposes of a constitutional monarchy.
- The underlying process is the destruction of the established legal and constitutional framework.
- The Deputy Prime Minister said today that he believes in supporting the constitutional monarchy.
- Fundamental constitutional principles are few, and even they are subject to change.
- However, the new memo ignored the question of the constitutional authority of the president to authorize torture.
- A committee is due to release draft constitutional amendments as early as next month.
- He is prepared to agree only if a constitutional amendment to curtail the powers of the future president is agreed to at the same time.
- Parliament had cut back the monarchy to a constitutional role, and asserted its own sovereignty as the representative of the people.
- In response, a constitutional amendment that curbs the military's power was passed in May.
- Given her weakness in constitutional law, her background in business law looks like a strength.
- It is a constitutional document, and constitutional documents and principles are always the subject of debate.
- Use of this principle with respect to constitutional interpretation may still be controversial.
- Only then will the PNG government introduce the constitutional amendment.
- At the same time, only a minority of Americans support a constitutional amendment opposing gay marriage.
- Therefore, we reaffirm our support for a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget.
- It is a fundamental constitutional principle, deeply entrenched within our system.
- Luxembourg is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy.
- Questioning the legitimacy or constitutional propriety of an action by the executive is a useful device for the opposition.
- The federalism proposed by the liberal opponents of a constitutional amendment is in fact a sham.
- Now is the time for us to be eternally vigilant in protecting the constitutional principles on which our nation was built.
- Only Congress can declare war and only Congress has the constitutional authority to raise money for war and diplomacy.
- No one in the press corps challenged this attack on fundamental constitutional principles.
- To take ‘loyalty to the Queen’ out of the oath is not to deny that New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy.
- This clearly concerns the now well established doctrine or principle of constitutional law of supremacy.
- They oppose the proposed constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, but at the same time oppose gay marriage.
- He pleaded not guilty to all the charges and attacked the constitutional legitimacy of the military regime.
- If we are, how do we return to democratic, constitutional government when the emergency is over?
- The people might even pass a constitutional amendment reversing the Supreme Court's decision.
- That is, the Federal Treasury creates credit under constitutional authority.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.